May 12, 2008

Getting Old~

I am a day late in wishing everyone a Happy Mothers Day! It is a special day but we seem to celebrate every holiday every day of the year! Sounds crazy huh? I think the main thing I look for is what kind of card Don finds for me and who he has set up to put it out for me as he is generally not home to do it himself.

I had ordered some supplies for the Longarm and Scottie grabbed up the statement and wrote a check out for the total so that was his gift to me! I was thrilled! Then Levia bought me a new Bible, mine has been falling apart slowly the past few years, Don had bought it for me right after we started dating 22 years ago, I will still use it for my personal devotions but the new one will be for Church.

Courtney came home with a Lobster Tail and Fillet Mignon from the lodge! She is something else, they had extras left over from the special menu and she negotiated a deal to be able to bring me one! It was after 11 when she got off but I stayed up for it! Haven't had some of that in years!!



Then Saturday night Scottie Levia and I went to see Trace Adkins! It was a great show and what makes it funner is the fact they offer special deals to the locals so it was a buy one ticket get one free! Can't beat that and since I have the Jetta back home we can drive there pretty economically!

Then my Folks came up on Thursday and stayed until noon time Saturday, it was nice but boy they wear me out! Mother always wants to go shopping so I spend the days hauling her around, and they are now looking at the different areas and homes so they can start planning their move. Then Dad (he is my step-dad but he has earned the honor of being called Dad!!) likes to bring movies so we were up until 2am each night then back up by 7am starting the day. Yawn!!

Today I am playing catch up, and hopefully get to some quilting, started a new project, need to still finish an old one..............and Mother brought a quilt she just finished up for me to longarm, she also brought the backing that I need to piece yet. Usually I put the binding on for her to stitch down but she forgot and I conveniently didn't mention it!

Guess I put the days if reverse order here, didn't make back to Tuesday nights activities, Chad and Dale talked me into going to see Iron Man, the only kicker is since they closed the theatre here the closest now is in Laughlin, and the tickets here were $2.50 per person, there $9!! but the last show is only $5 and that was 11:45pm, sigh, so that is the one we went to, thankfully Levia was up to going along as well, I have to say it was worth it, the movie was great!

There you have it in a nutshell, I am anxious to get back into a routine and I see there is going to be a quiltathon this coming weekend so may take advantage of it and get some stuff finished up!

5 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

WAIT HERE WHERE DID YOU SEE Trace Adkins???? Man I miss out all the time.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

wow! Sounds like you've been busy! ~but what a great weekend! :-)

Rose Anne B said...

WOW Trace Adkins!!! You lucky girl.

I tried to read your blog but whether it's my eyes or the black and white I'm not sure but I had to stop. Sorry!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Yoohoo~ Stephanie~~ everything ok with you?? Haven't seen you posting in a while... {{{hugs}}}

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Yoohoo Stephanie~~
I hope all is well with you! Computer problems?? :-(