Jan 31, 2011

Still some more~

This was just a neat picture to capture Kaa while he was drinking some water, we have a black and white ringed King snake that lives around here somewhere and he comes to get water from the chickens coupe during the warm months, he is also neat to watch fill up!
One of my favorite things to do when quilting one of my own quilts is use up all those bobbins that have just enough thread on them that you hate to throw out! Ultimately that whole bin has been emptied and has begin collecting once again! And it's funny that not one person has noticed all the different colors on the back of my quilts!
I also found some time to get my thread cabinet organized, it is actually a dvd cabinet that I picked up on clearance from Bass Pro for a song and it is perfect for storing and keeping the thread dust free!
Now this is funny, I have been watching this spool dwindling down for awhile now, I go through about 1 a year, I use the Presencia Thread, just love it! Now that I have 3 machines running I have one spool for each but this particular machine is what I use for attaching the bindings so it goes through the thread a little faster than the rest.
I was attaching a binding at this photo and wondering if I was going to make it! Thankfully I did and now a new spool is on there and ready for use. The spool holder is another favorite find, it works perfect although I didn't put it through the scissors, that was someone elses clever idea!
I am totally standing in amazement at how the Quilting Business has been flourishing for me! I love the challenge each brings at finding that perfect design and thread to bring it all together! A new customer was embarrassed at three table-runners she brought me to do, she felt they were too plain and would understand if I felt they were a waste of my "professional time"!! Blach!! I was speechless for a moment and couldn't express enough what a privilege and honour it is for ME to be trusted with any work by her hand! There is no such thing as 'just a simple quilt' in my mind! That fabric cost money and then precious time to create so be proud!! I just uploaded the pics to share next time! I think they came out fabulous and can't wait to put them in her hands and hear everyone ooh and ahh!!

1 comment:

Carole said...

It's wonderful that you feel comfortable enough to custom quilt other peoples quilts. You are right, it is a privilege! I do not market myself as a custom quilter. It just takes me too darn long to come up with designs to stitch. So.... I custom quilt my own quilts and when time allows, I panto customer quilts. I do like your thread cabinet. I've been thinking of a design for my threads! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!