Jun 1, 2011

Another one bites the dust~

Month that is! It is hard to believe June is already upon us, what has been sweet is the weather! it is a balmy 74 out and just perfect!
While Little Man D was hunting for some new shoes we headed to the camping section to check out what all was new, I am ever so tempted to get this chair for my King! It was a perfect fit!
Mothers Day was no different than any other day for me except the beautiful live plant was given along with this fabulous meal!
Which reminds me that I need to water it................
And last but not least, Spring Market in Salt Lake. Here are Merry, Kathy and Rose, they just finished up registering. I actually was the driver and we hit rain, sleet and snow the whole ride in! We were in my truck so just in case I had brought along huge black bags to protect our luggage from the elements...............oh was it a site!! Anyway, I dropped them at the door with twenty minutes to spare for early registering and as blessing would have it a car pulled away at just the right moment so I could hustle in!
We have just finished with a day of Schoolhouse and now are ready to hit Sample Spree! I planned on doing a little shopping for myself this time but I didn't push enough to get what I wanted and after 10 minutes things were sold out! I did get a couple new books and an awesome tote made out of Jo Morton fabrics along with the patterns on how to make one for yourself!
Then Friday Night, we headed to Moda's Party, it was a tasty meal but the fun part was when Michael showed up!!
It was fun to watch the dancers gather folks from the crowd............especially after they had take advantage of the open bar!!
Saturday was spent wandering the aisles and seeing all the neat new gadgets and pattern designs, I am still in awe at everything I seen, I did gather all kinds of info for future reference!
We topped the night of with a meal at the Original Red Iquana..........

Yummm, is all I can say about this! I love traditional Mexican food and their classic enchiladas did not disappoint a bit! I ate the whole plate, may have even licked a little.............

We headed out fairly early Sunday Morning, I spent a little while getting everything loaded up, I should have taken a picture of the madness, since I have the Mega Model there is a poop load of space behind the seat, so everything the 3 bought went there, I brought along my big suitcase so was able to pack all my goodies up into it and it went into the back of the truck with the other luggage, we also had a nifty cooler that sat between Rose and Kathy so cool drinks and snacks were just an arm reach away!

The ride home was horrid, it was the windiest I have ever driven in, my arms were cramping for 2 days from holding on so tight! Was it worth it? Oh yeah!! And on a funny note, since my truck was to big to go into the hotels parking garage it got front door parking for the full 4 days!

I have lost count all the quilts that have been worked on but I did manage to keep up with pictures so will now take some time to get them uploaded and shown!

No comments: