Jun 8, 2011

A Challenge accomplished!

Hehehe, just a funny shot I came across while looking at some pictures, this boy was out riding with his buddy, the mud was pretty slick and he just tipped right over! No harm was done to the bike~and obviously none to the rider either!
This quilt was quite the challenge, it was one of last months accomplishments and as I look back at the pictures it all comes rushing back!
I loved the design, it is one from Deb Geissler, love love love her stuff!
This was no little one either, you can see on the left how close it is to the end of the frame, I have a 14 ft table~
One of the challenges was how the quilt was growing from around the middle of the quilt towards the bottom, tried to get a shot of it but it was around 110 at the top and by the time I hit the bottom we were at 116 wide!
We knew the backing and batting were going to be close but man oh man............
Here is its full shot, it came out pretty even with all its quirks~
Here is a little closer look at the design, kokopelli's flittering around doing their thing! I gave it to her on a Wednesday and she had the binding on it and on her bed by the weekend!

Seems we go through spurts of quilts that bring us a little challenge, we did 5 bargello hearts that still cause me to wake up in a sweat in the middle of the night, they came out beautiful and that is what I try to focus on! Those babies are up next to share!

No comments: