Jul 3, 2012

Forever and a day~

I just can't get over the fact it has been almost a year since posting! We haven't done anything special except survive this whole time.

We have gotten back into walking, hiking and some bicycling.  Blake discovered these funky Five Finger shoes, I get a kick out of seeing him go in them!

 We have seen some pretty amazing sites on our walks, this cactus was one, it is pretty neat to see the changes on a daily basis!
 I even got to make it to a Fiddlesticks Retreat weekend! After months of helping gals pick fabrics and being sure they had the right measurements for their project I totally went stupid when it came to getting mine together! The original called for 10 dark and 10 light fabrics to make a nice size lap quilt.
 I got that all together then woke up in the middle of the night in a panic thinking I needed 20 of each, I have no idea where that came from but needless to say I marathon cut the additional pieces and went of to retreat quite pleased with myself until I got to piecing them and realized my mistake.  Needless to say I had enough to add 2 additional rows and it makes a nice topper to my california king bed!
Whats fun about the fabrics is that when we moved here 10 years ago I went online fabric shopping on a rather depressed day, I have had all the lovely fat quarters tucked away since, and I didn't want to purchase anything new so went digging around and got reacquainted with them! I used wool batting and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome!

Thankfully I have kept up with taking pictures of all the quilts that have passed through my door so will have plenty to get caught back up with, and even lots of different family changes to get documented so I one day I can look back and laugh, nice big belly laughs! Thats my plan!~

2 comments:

Matching Ties said...

Very beautiful quilt! How long did that take to make??
-Jackie

Steph said...

Hi Jackie! It took 2 days to cut out, 2 1/2 days to piece the blocks, then at home laid it out and stitched it all together! Was very surprised at how fast it got stitching those curves after the first dozen and got into the groove, and not having to pin was an extra perk! They were also 7 inch blocks and that also made them fun and fast!