Jun 21, 2008

Trying again! This Goof is David, we were trying to figure if we needed to add another row and this was his way of deciding!

And we did, I originally wanted it to be a charm but since making the change I ended up duplicating, this quilt is a gift to a special family friend and I cut for two quilts using the wonking huge tumbler template from Pinwheels. When you look at her you can see she is a Daiwabo Lady!

Her Husband of 54 years had been dying a slow death from cancer and originally I was wanting it to be a little something for her while dealing with it all. It turns out he died the day before it was to be delivered so we held it back for a week.

Don took it with him this morning and will deliver it tomorrow so I will be anxiously waiting to hear what she has to say!

I don't think I can make too many of these! It is probably one of my absolute favorite patterns and it is
making me want to get another one that I have going with all scraps completed!

This was my first time dealing with
an odd ball binding but it went great and now I am ready to tackle the baby quilt that requires scalloped edges! I got that plus another quilted up yesterday so it will be neat to see it completed as well!

Little Rosie is only 9 months old now so she won't mind having waited a little while! ~smile~

No comments: