Mar 31, 2011

Favor~

That was how this conversation started~ The Owner was going out of town in 2 weeks and wanted to know if I could possibly have them done for her in one week giving her time to get the binding on before heading out of town!
Sigh~

Wanted to see how those funky feathers stitched out anyway~
And the backing was this heavy fleece, was a little nervous at first how it was going to take to the stitching, ended up being very nice!
This one was a mystery quilt~
It reminded me of snow and the sky, so I thought the Windy Day Design would be a perfect fit!
Was a good choice!
Now what is funny is I never met the gal, she called before I was heading to Boulder City for 3 days and she met my Son and Daughter at the quilt shop downtown, I got them done first thing Monday, literally, started at 7am and worked until completed, called her around 8pm and said they were ready, she would get back to me after checking her budget..................my stomach cringed and I just put them up and loaded the one that was up next wondering all the while what was up with this!?!

So I didn't hear from her again until Thursday, we were already in Boulder and I let one Son know what was up, he may be making a run again to take them if she found her budget worked.
In the end she was going to be able to pick them up on that Friday and wanted me to just leave them at the shop for her to pick up, nah, nada, nope, asked other Son to step in as he had some other errands already in town so he met with her at the shop and all ended well! He even took a video of her pulling them out of the bag to look at them, she was beyond thrilled and she gave him cash for payment!! Phew~ felt like I dodged a bullet there!!

It has been a long time since tinking around with the blog layout, had fun playing with the different fonts, something simple and not easy to mess up! I have forgotten how to update and change certain things so hopefully I will be able to take baby steps and change it up a bit, I found a neat background that I would like to try, then have to trial and error my way into changing the banner photo. Hmmm, wonder if I practiced on a fake one so as not to mess this one up................love those "lightbulb" (courtesy of Gru from Despicable Me) moments! ~smile~

No comments: