Dec 20, 2007

A First!

Hello and Welcome to my musings! I have spent much time agonizing whether to start a blog or not and with the encourangement of my family here I am! It is simply amazing to see what others are doing and my stuff doesn't even begin to compare but my heart is in every stitch that I piece or quilt on the longarm!

A little about myself, I am 38 yrs old and have been married for 21 years. We have 7 children, 5 boys and 2 girls, the oldest being 22 and the youngest 9. There will be pictures of the clan sprinkled throughout as they mean as much to me as my quilting!

I have been piecing for 12 years now, my has the time flown! And my DH gifted me with my Beast (APQS Millenium Longarm) last February, we have 'beastly' as well as 'beautiful' days! There is still so much to learn but I finally found my confidence to offer quilting for a group of ladies who are supplying quilts to a home for abused and neglected children, St. Judes is the group to whom they are going to and I had the honor of quilting 27 of them to date, all being twin sizes to some of them even being full size. As soon as I figure out how to post photos and links there will be some of those here to see!

We live in the Hualapai Mountains amongst the Pinion Pines that is outside of Kingman Arizona, one of the highlights of the area is that part of the original Route 66 runs through here and is home of the late actor Andy Devine. We have been here 6 years this Christmas and come from Las Vegas NV. The area is still growing, we are very excited about Starbuck's opening a few months ago that is how small we are yet!

Thankfully Vegas is only a couple hour drive from us and have a healthy supply of quilt shops and any other shopping that needs to be done! I remember one of my first thoughts and questions to the realtor was 'does UPS come this far?' Thankfully yes, but I have to be careful where I order from because we show up as a non-existant address in the Postal Service System!
How funny is that?!

I love to make quilts that are going to be used! As tents, picnic throws, to keep warm by a campfire or spit upon by a baby! I also sell my quilts at different craft fairs in the community and take special orders as well, those tend to get me out of my box and that is always a good thing!

Well, I better close this up for now, it is time to figure out how to post some photos because it wouldn't be complete without them!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Such a beautiful area, but pretty cold right now, I imagine. My son is at NAU and I watch the temps there to see how cold it gets. Too cold for me! I thought Kingman or Winslow had a quilt shop? Did it close already? There are a couple in Flag, though one of them isn't called a quilt shop - it's the sewing machine sales place, but they had great batiks when I was there last . . . which has been a while!

Welcome to the blogging world.