Dec 18, 2008

Were Back!

What an amazing time we had, there are quite a few pictures taken and each from a total different perspective!

This is one of my favorites! We stopped at this shop Fat Quarter's and it was just eye candy overload!





I did purchase a couple things but I will save those for another time, need to get the camera back in order and get shots of what I found. We also made it to Rosie's Calico Cupboard and I was amazed at how much the shop has expanded, it has been at least 10 years since being there but still! It was rather over whelming and since I didn't have anything in particular material wise I did find 2 rulers in sizes that I needed.
Down a few door's from Rosie's was yet another overwhelming shop! The Quilted Rose, my Sis-in-Law purchased a Gammil Longarm from them so had to pop in and see what else they had and I was just blown away by all the thread and pantos that they had! Again I was very frugal in my purchasing, I really wanted a leaf panto and found 2 different kinds with the aid from Dh and the Kids.
It felt great to not splurge shop as it would have been so easy to do in all these shops! These stops were made prior to the cruise and once we were back we decided to stop at another shop that Fat Quarters heartily recommended, it was The Country Loft and again it was eye candy overload! What was so unique about the two mentioned is they are solely primitive/civil war types of fabrics, so I had to chuckle when my Dad asked if they had any Orientals or Batiks!!
I failed to have the camera ready to get any pictures though, in fact I don't think the camera was in my possession at the time anyway. We did stop back by Fat Quarters as there was one little thing that captured my heart and Dh was very kind to get it for me as a late anniversary present! He is such a great sport and that just made the week all that more special for me!

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Welcome back! Oh it sounds like a very fun trip! :-)