May 28, 2009

176 Minutes & 52 Seconds

We sometimes watch shows that Veoh have available and Saturday night we chose House, well midway during the show a black screen with the words you have been attacked appeared, needless to say that poor CPU unit was out in the desert being shot up with a shotgun. Any excuse to go shooting.................

I was confident that our Itunes was safely backed up through Frontier's Peace of Mind program that I signed up for last summer. So when I went to retrieve that and the pictures that were on that system I had problems and it being a holiday weekend it had to wait until Tuesday but I had no opportunity until Wednesday afternoon.

Sadly they could not find our file, we have paid for it but it wasn't properly set up so all is lost, the kids are bummed because 4 years of music is gone.

But during that 176 minutes I couldn't just sit still so pieced 3 backings, pinned in one of them onto the Beast, of course they were on the small side but still a major accomplishment for that time.

Then I seen this quilt sitting off to the side, two borders were already on it and a third was ready to go while the fourth just required 3 or so seams, so I did that next, but as I was putting on that fourth border something just wasn't feeling right!

I put it on up side down! So I removed it and did it right!

Even took the photos while holding the phone to my ear, and as the
software was downloading they transferred me over to customer service to see about getting a refund for the almost year of paying for the backup that I should have been getting, I was working my way towards that but the Manager the gal was working with had already submitted paperwork on my behalf so was very pleased with that!

Still not done so was getting a little snack, and meant to take a shot before the sticker peeling monster aka Blake got ahold of it because these little goodies are absolutely delicious!! Danna's Husband is Hawaiian and his brother sends them things from home that aren't found here, and especially not found here in Kingman!!

Now back to Blake, I found the jar label less, as I was setting it up to take a shot, Blake showed up at just that moment and the look on my face must have been a clue to him because out of his grubby little hand he unrolled the label and stuck it on as best as he could!

Priceless, I have no idea what the fascination is with sticky stuff, but we go to get something particular from the pantry only to find the label gone, and guessing as to which can could be what were looking for! When he was 3 or 4 when vhs was still popular he took off every sticker that identified what movie it was! Scottie went through and put on each one to relabel and there was a good 75+ movies in the collection, threatened those blue eyes and before the year was out they were off again!

I was very thankful when dvd's came along!! ~smile~I have a picture of the bugger but blogger won't let me upload it!

And just for some show and tell here is another QOV.

1 comment:

Andee said...

You are an amazing parent...dealing with the sticker monster with a sense of humor! In the grand scheme of things it is no big deal, but in the day to day it could be annoying for some. He is lucky to have you! My oldest has a few annoying obsessions too..started by taking the molding off in his bedroom piece by piece! His dad did not have a sense of humor about it...sigh! Sorry about your music loss too!