Nov 29, 2010

A Family Affair~

This is the most ever dumplings that we have made at one time! Of course I did go overboard in the pork chop/sauerkraut department, chops were on sale so it was hard to resist making 2 big pots!
But the dumplings are Dads job! Didn't get the shots of the dough in this grouping but my oh my was the board covered!
The trick is in the timing of the cooking, once they start to float give them 3 more minutes! At least that is what I was told!
But for me~this is what it is always about. The day after when they get fried up in REAL Butter.

Just doesn't get any better than this! On another note, see that black doo-hicky? It originally was tongs, until they went to battle against who knows what, I had two pair but now they are all in pieces as the above, they work perfect for flipping things, just the right size! But my favorite use? A Back Scratcher! I have one in the studio just for that purpose! Those little things~smile~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one lot of dumplings! Company, or do they freeze well. I laughed at your tongs uses. I have some like that - but they're still tongs!