Nov 24, 2010

Triangles~

I was asked to make 2 quilts for Christmas Gifts~ this is the first one, Mrs. B liked the triangles and thought how cool would it be if it was all in graduated blues! The recipient is a Hanglider so her vision was of the mountains at the bottom and the sky and clouds at the top. And thanks to Accucut Quilt Studio's Banner die cut that made the cutting go so nice and easy!
Wasn't sure where to start so just laid them out and used the camera to see the shades~this was way to bottom heavy!
So worked in some more mediums and still not quite right~
Getting better but those few are showing to grey even though they are blues~I am sure they will have their place, I just haven't found it yet!
Hmmmm, now we getting somewhere, instead of doing perfect graduations of color like we started off with, blending them all upward made the vision come alive!

Me thinks this is about what we came up with, it is pieced and ready to be quilted, thought I had a pic on the camera but will get some after it is quilted and bound. The second one will be done using the new pineapple technique I learned at Market! Am excited about that one!

And being a super sucker and not able to say NO, I now have 2 more commissioned quilts to complete by Christmas~ What was I thinking? Apparently not clearly at the moment, thankfully I have my Secret Helper 3 days out of the week to help bail me out!

No comments: