Nov 14, 2010

Houston~Schoolhouse


I forget when picking photos to do so in reverse and I am too pooped to rearrange them so will just go with the flow on this one! And of course I don't have my information as to who the speakers were and my memory is on failure mode I won't even try to guess! But the classes were amazing!! I chose as many lectures as I could during schoolhouse and also for the picked classes during the other days, one was a class on making a pineapple block in a really cool way but that is for another post~
I really like the Taupes! And her lecture was in Japanese and her partner translated for us, it was very interesting to learn they don't worry about producing special lines for their fabric,
example~ these little pictures represent winter, spring and summer, just choosing the different colors available and placing them accordingly makes the feel you are after without having to choose from a specific colorway! Beautiful Samples!
Here they are showing where they get their inspiration from, food, table settings, teas are just a few of the things that they pull from, and when I think about it myself, how we are drawn to eat at Japanese restaurants it is those colors that I enjoy being around!
And on another spectrum these gals were sharing ideas how to use some of those big beautiful prints being pieced into the quilts for borders but not necessarily just as a wide border onto itself. Very nice!

And the rave of the show! The new Go Baby! It is amazing how they keep coming up with new ideas for making cutting easier at a very affordable price, I personally am thrilled with having the Studio, but am jealous at the better variety of dies they have available for the Go and now the Baby. We signed Fiddlesticks up to be a distributor of the new machine so it should be fun getting to play with it none the less!

We just finished up with our yearly Shop Hop yesterday! What a whirlwind of activity it was! And in the middle of our busiest day power went out on our main register and debit/credit card machine! Yikes! What a test of patience that was for all working, I was operating the cash/check only register and doing my darndest to keep all the feathers that were starting to ruffle smoothed! Thankfully Courtney was quick to check out other outlets and found it was only that one that went out and ran an extension cord and got it up and running in record time! She was every ones Hero!


No comments: