Jul 28, 2008

Aaaah!

Finally a note on an absolutely awesome weekend! We drove Friday to Flagstaff to enjoy the afternoon dinging around, we had hoped to visit a few more antique shops but it was ten minutes to closing when we finally made it to one!

We needed a little pep start so we visited the Campus Coffee Shop, they were so good we went back twice before heading home! On the left is a Breve' and mine was a Harvest Chai, our next visit though I tried the Breve' and was hooks, so much so that Donnie has been working on perfecting one so we can enjoy them at home!

We made a visit to Bernina Connections little store and found some nice tea dyed muslin, I just liked the colors and have a vision for them! We also found the Pinetree Quilt Shop where I scored the Valdani Threads! They are just gorgeous and I was able to incorporate them into the big-stitch part of the class!

Here is our Teacher Joe Cunningham, he was fabulous! Was kind of expecting him to be a little on the feminine side but totally not so! And his techniques were exactly what I needed to be able to conquer the little and big stitches!

And last but definitely not least was meeting Libby! I wish I wasn't so shy, because I could have spent the day just hanging out with her! We also got to meet the Princess and she is equally as sweet! I promised I wasn't going to stalk her but I tell you I would love to be her very best friend if we lived closer!

No comments: