Jul 29, 2008

Good & Good

I can have lots of fun on ebay, but sometimes I wonder at my sanity! There is absolutely no reason why I fell in love with this top, it isn't even complete mind you. So when I threw out a wonky bid I never dreamed I would win it, so when it arrived, this is the photo listed on ebay by the way, wish I had the wood flooring but that is a dream for another day. Anyway, I need to lay it out again and get some shots to post because the colors are just awesome and hand pieced to absolute perfection, total awe doesn't begin to cover my feelings for it.

Now my mind is working on how to complete it and I am leaning towards hand quilting it, I don't have the skills to hand piece it to completion but I don't think the piece will mind, it being finished will be what counts!

Then there is this little guy, it is a Christmas Tree Stand, a very old cast iron one, I have been having issues over where to store my batting since taking out the big table and I really don't know where the idea for using one of these came from but I tell you it is just great! Another shot I will have to take, I had one of the boys cut a piece of pvc pipe and wala, spelling doesn't look right but the point is there ~smile~, it is perfect! I really want to use one of those wood clothes hanging rods but was looking for some instant gratification to see if my idea worked. I am now on the prowl for two more as I have another two rolls just propped against the wall.
Those little things!

No comments: