Jul 7, 2008

Something Light~


This is my Mom's quilt, I can't recall the line of fabric that the squares are, pretty sure they were from Moda but she went a little crazy in putting it together, it is huge!! But it came out so nice once it was washed!

And here is one sunflower that reseeded itself from last year, I had Donnie just start watering the areas where we had planted in the past and this one actually had to have blown in from another area. Since we aren't getting much in the rain department I had to have him stop since we are on a well and a never ending draught, so prayerfully once the monsoon kicks in whatever is out there will start popping! I have a shot also of some hollyhocks I think they are called that also must have blown in from the neighbors yard.

And here is one shot of 142 photos that I took on Scott's graduation day, I wish Chad would have been there for it, he and Levia rode in with their Grandparents for the ceremony that started at 11am while we arrived at 6:45am to see the final inspection part of it!

They are Donnie (Jr.), Dad (Sr.), Blake, Scott and William, it is one of my favorites shots and now I need to weed through the rest and start getting copies made.

Don delivered Mrs. Black her tumbler and she loved it! I waited to hear with bated breath but from all accounts and I got a minute by minute one that I drug out of Don, ~smile~, she was out that afternoon picking paint to re-do the room where she plans to use it. I was very honored to hear that, and it was a perfect distraction for her to get through her first week without Chuck. Did I mention they were married 54 years? Amazing!

Haven't been doing much in the piecing department but have been quilting like a mad women this past week once I got recouped from the two before. I am missing it though and think something mindless might be in order and I have the perfect project for just that type of piecing!

ps. I love the spell-checker! It is my friend! ~smile~

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

How proud you must be!! I love your mom's quilt and the tumblers also.