Dec 24, 2010

Online Again~

Wow! It has been a long time since having rain like we had this past week. Six straight days of the glorious liquid, there were snowflakes but thankfully they didn't stick around and cause even more havoc.

That's about the only downside about living in the mountains, the storms tend to mess with our phone lines, which messes with our Internet, which messes with our cell phones.

Then my HP has decided to go wonky, so have had to crash course learn how to set up my cell phone to take emails. I decided to go with Apples Mac Computers this past year but again I failed to get everything swapped over to them so when an email would come through to the pc I would forward it to the mac from my cell, then when I would try to respond I would send the emails back to myself! Sigh~ So, we are powered back up, I am investigating how to make everything work on the mac's and it will be a glorious day when it all happens!!

Now for some fun, my Sister in Law lives in Vegas and she Longarms also, she has a Gammill with a Statler system, she is an amazingly talented woman, she has always been into the embroidery machines but when she seen the Gammill and Statler stitching it was like an embroidery machine on steroids so took the plunge, purchased one and loves it. She is slowly getting into more piecing of the quilts but she just has fun with others for now.

She was contacted by an Upholstery Company that was doing some remodeling on two of the rooms at the Mirage to see if she could quilt on leather. Since she has on her embroidery machines she thought sure why not!! Wow! Is all I can say, they called on Friday and she had to digitize the design they wanted and have them delivered by Wednesday of the next week! This is the shot that one of the guys sent her after getting it hung. B-e-a-utiful!
These are some more Christmas Quilts that got accomplished in time for going under the tree~
There are a lot of paisleys in the fabric so that was the inspiration to use one for the quilting.
Alice is one of my favorite customers! She pieces with absolute precision and she is just a lovely lovely Lady! She has been taking care of her Mom who lived right behind her for many years. At one of the Bee's Alice asked if I could take a rush job, we all know the answer to that! So she was going to bring it to me next bee~ She wasn't there that one nor the next, her Mom who was 102 had passed. This past week she brought it to me and she was disappointed that it wouldn't be done in time for Christmas as it was going to be for her niece, well I for sure didn't want her to be unhappy and certainly not her niece so as soon as I got in the door I loaded it up and let IQ work its magic and took it right back to her so she could get the binding on and get it wrapped up!
She shed some happy tears and it just did my heart good to be able to bring happiness to her!

Now I am able to get refocused and get to some obligations I have been putting off~I did make it to town today to mail some packages off and get some last minute goodies from JC Penney's for the Boy's, now to finish up some binding and all will be good!

No comments: