Dec 19, 2010

Pineapple~Triangle

Finally nearing it's completion! I toyed with about 10 different borders and thought this just might be the one! So went ahead and chose the best brown inner and slapped it on, and was thrilled upon finding it didn't need anything else!
Here it is on the machine, I used Oh My Feathers Panto as it was the closest thing that looked like pineapple frawns/leaves to me.
This was this past Tuesday, I finished quilting it around 7 and got started on the binding, actually still had to stitch down the triangles as well................
So I parked myself and got netflix going and stitched until 3am, and another hour to wash and semi dry ,why? Because I wanted to show and tell them at the Guild Christmas Party Wednesday morning, and they were going to be taken to be delivered Thursday! After thinking upon it, this is one of 3 that bindings were needing to be stitched on, there is one more that was being delivered after Guild Christmas party and before heading to Vegas for a couple days!
Anyway, we have some other fun drama that is thrown in here, see that grey boxy looking thing to the left of the triangles? That's my dryer................'nother story~
Back to the triangles, here it is completed! It came out fabulous!
Windy Day is the Panto and it just finished it up perfectly!

Mrs. B was absolutely thrilled with them both and it just tickled me beyond all measure to watch her face as she opened them up! They are being gifted to her lawyer and accountant, and both quilts she picked colors and patterns to fit each gal! Was a fun fun project for sure!

The third commissioned quilt is next up, after completing the 3 I decided it was time for a little break while going to deliver the quilts, hadn't done any Christmas shopping yet as I had these three to finish up along with 2 other quilting jobs and I was all caught up feeling pretty smug, really tired, but pretty smug.....................remember the little saying, pride before the fall? I visited their again..........

No comments: