Oct 17, 2010

Some Visions of the Past~


My Dad passed on October 1st of 2009, I hate to say that I really haven't quite taken the time to actually deal with all that went on during that time period. Having had many other things going on at the same time just kept taking priority to my being able to just stop and work through my feelings, thoughts and just how it really has affected my life.

Then 3 months to the day, January 1st, 2010 I recieved a phone call that my Step-Brother had died, he was my Dad's wife Ann's son, say that three times! Daddy lived in Sandy Utah which is a solid 8 hours from my home in Arizona, and although we weren't close the 20 years my Dad was part of this family we did form a bond the two weeks we were in Utah during my Dad's passing.

So 3 of my boys took the drive with me to Honor Herbie, as fate would have it he was going to rest right next to my Dad and it his marker the boys are standing over. sigh...............


I love this quilt! A simple log cabin, I used Judy Allen's Royal Plumes Panto and it just made the quilt come alive!!

It now hangs in my studio over a book cabinet and when I gander across at it, it just gives that warm fuzzy feeling inside!

What's crazy is I am finding all kinds of photos that were taken that I have just put out of mind! So in time I will get them resurfaced and put in their proper place!

Another Thank You to all who have helped me clear things out! It is such a nice feeling to not only purge some of this stuff but to be able to keep it alive by passing it on!

The rulers are dragging me down though ~smile~ so I am dropping the package deal to $250 for the lot of them! I have kept my favorite but again~enough is enough!!

And the rest of the pantos listed a little bit down are now the remaining 8 for $50! And there is still more dvd's and books! sigh...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the look of that pantograph. Beautiful movement on a log cabin quilt.

Condolences, somewhat late, on the loss of your family members. It does take time to get through it.