Mar 18, 2008

Pin Cushions~Apple Dumplings

After seeing some posts of Gal's sharing their pin cushion collection it was time to gather mine
up, wow! I even surprised myself with what has been collected over the years. But like everything else they each have a purpose, the three on the right with the flower head and corsage pins are for the longarm and one is placed on each end of the table with another on the old ironing board behind the machine, I don't like to have to reach around or over anything when I am working.

Then the two front ones on clamps attach to the right of each machine that I piece on, and their main purpose is to hold the pins I do use, it isn't one of my favorite parts in quilting but sometimes there is just no other way to get things to match up the way they are suppose too!

The two on glass pedestals are basically just really cool looking and the one on the left is actually made from a cutter quilt so although it does hold a few pins they are just there in case I can't reach anything else. Then another 2 are also placed at the machines full of pins, why don't I just use the ones on clamps? Well then what purpose would the others have and then it would be pointed out that I really didn't need them and then all the justifying of needing them would be for not! That is my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Then the others are placed on the cutting table so I can stand and pin when I need to stretch, and that little pink one towards the middle front usually holds various needles, I do have one in blue around here somewhere that one of our dogs used for a chew toy on the wood part, not very pretty but still usable.









Then these have become a favorite real quick like in our house! They are the Apple Dumplings from Pioneer Woman Cooks, they are delicious! She also shared a salad recipe this past week that we made up, and what is nice about that one, it makes up a whole lot and we were able to enjoy it for a couple days with adding different things each time, like instead of the cashews we did almonds with some grilled chicken, then to that added some mandarin oranges and apples. Very good!

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Those look yummy, Steph! I'm sure I saw them bubbling when I enlarged the photo.

Rose Johnston said...

Gorgeous pincushions!!! I love Pioneer Woman, her recipes are always soooooooooo yummy!!!!!