Mar 1, 2008

Quiltathon Noon Report


I am off and running! I didn't get to start bright and early like I originally planned, we were up a little on the late side since it was
my Husbands last night at home, he left for work about and hour
and a half ago so I was on the machine while he was putting his
boots on!

The last few months I have taken a great liking to quilts using
black as the background and I am doing another one of Mary's
quilts that I believe she made for one of her sons. There is the
link to the actual picture that inspired mine and here is the link
to the pattern that she shared on one of her sites. It is the one called Two Rail Fence.

I am using Black Marble Moda and a bunch of the 2.5 in solid
strips that I have been cutting up. The top photo shows them
already to just grab and strip sew! While the next shows a good
bunch already through the machine, I may need to cut more
black but am going to go with what I have already and see where
it falls!

Now they are all ironed up and ready to be subcut, I did a couple
to see how they were going to look and am very pleased with
it so far!

So now I am off to get them all cut and start putting the blocks
together! I can't believe how much I have already got done in
such a short amount of time!

Thanks to Judy for encouraging and organizing this event!

1 comment:

Granny said...

Ohh! That's going to be so pretty! Love the colors!