Mar 10, 2008

Where the Time Went!

Phew! What a week it has been, since the Quiltathon I haven't touched my machine except to piece a backing and as I am thinking about it I may have made a mistake on it......uh-oh......... So here was my week in a nutshell:

Monday: Church workday, we worked our fingers (and toes) to the bones, it was time to lay all the rebar and mesh to prepare for the concrete and it had to be just so and the men got a kick out of comparing it to a cross-hatched quilt! What was funny is it did! I didn't have my camera for that shot but am going to get a copy from Pastor G, we worked extra hard because if we got what needed to be done then we would have Thursday off and that is when my Husband is home and now we can stay put for that day! The toes part was because we had to kick the mesh into place before it could be clipped, needless to say I won't be having sandal toes for awhile........

Tuesday: Went to visit the Tax Man in Vegas, it all went well and we are waiting to hear the final results. Made one stop to the Quilt Shop but the stop wasn't for me, did get a spool of thread and noticed some new Civil War Prints she had but just kept walking! Proud Moment!

Wednesday: Went to the morning Bee with my new Friend D, it isn't very easy for me to be social not because I don't want to but I always end up stuttering and saying something stupid so I just sat and listened and finished up the binding on the Stripes quilt, got home and washed it up and it came out very nice, need to get a complete shot of that as well. Got started on 1 of 4 quilts.

Thursday: Took a ride out to a Shop in Needles and showed some quilts to the owner and left some cards for her, she has a quaint little shop in an old house and it is named Quilter's Therapy-It's Cheaper than a Shrink! How cute is that? Also delivered 1 quilt and started on 2 of the 4.

Friday: We went down to see the second half of the concrete being poured at the Church, it looks so nice! We are very proud to be part of this project and to imagine that one day my kids will be getting married in a building they helped put together! Amazing! Then finished 2 of the 4 and started on #3.

Saturday: Got around to taking care of some housework and finished up #3 quilt and delivered it and then did the backing for the 4Th and got it loaded and few rows stitched but by 8:30 I was dog tired and went to bed!

Sunday: We had our normal Church Services then enjoyed a lunch with Scott who was home for the weekend from the Academy. Then had to be back early as the Youth Group Teens were going to be in charge of the evening services so we had to be there a half hour early so they had plenty of time to do everything! It was an awesome night and they all did fantastic! It is exciting to see some of our next generation serving! Then finished the quilt up late that night so it could be delivered Monday morning.

And what a feeling to get them all accomplished, it was a favor for a friend who needed some help and I was so glad to be able to do it, they all came out just great and I am going to get permission to post some shots of them because the quilt patterns are just gorgeous!

So now it is time to get back to getting busy with some more of these UFOs and other stuff that needs to get accomplished, like the washing, and dusting, vacuuming..........sigh

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Sounds like a very busy week. I just love to go to hand sewing B's. We had one last week in the evening and I get a considerable amount of binding sewn on if I just keep my mouth closed, listen and stitch.

Susan said...

What a lovely sounding week. Busy, but all with good things. Where is your church group meeting now? BTW, sociability requires listeners, too. =)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Hi Steph!
Sounds like you had a great week! Busy and fun, very nice.
I'll be checking back for photo's. ;-)