Apr 18, 2008

Quilt from Hades










This quilt has been on the list to get completed for far too long, it has just been easier to work on something else than to just deal with it!









Here is why I put it aside, when I stitched the rows there was a hole because the lines I was following didn't cover it all! No big deal right? At the time is was because I let it stump me and defeat me. Well not anymore, I got tired of moving the basket it was in last night so grabbed it up and decided it was time to conquer the beast!

I simply ran another seam to take care of the problem and felt the victory slowly starting to rise, so grabbed the glue stick and slathered it on to hold the flannel in place. What I don't show is the denim I used when trying to decide which stitch to use, it looks pretty cool and is currently holding my coffee cup.










So here we are working on the first row and I think it is going to be ok! I think it will need a little doodling in the center to help stabilize but so far I am liking how it is turning out. Only been moving that basket for 2 years~

When Chad was first starting school he would get so frustrated if he couldn't do something just right the very first time, we went through reams of paper because he would mess up and crumble it. I knew that trait must have come from his father! After realizing that is exactly what I have done I can safely say that Chad and his Dad must have rubbed off on me after all these years! Hehehehe!

No comments: