Apr 17, 2008

~William~






This here is my boy William! He is the Cutie-Patootie of the family and wears the badge well! A week (or two) he decided he wanted to do some piecing with me. And the machine I was going to get him going on was already on the table, would just take a minute to get moved for 'em! Easy peasy!

I just needed him to give me a minute to finish whatever it was I was doing. 24 hours later he asked if I was finished doing whatever it was that I was doing and I pleaded for just a few more!

48 hours later he smiles and says, so you think we might get the machine moved? Yes! Just let me finish this up, it will only take a momento! and in his little sing-song voice he says 'Mom! I have already given you 3 days of minutes', then he happily skipped away to play a round of Halo with his big brother.

So after I scraped myself up off the ground I not only got it moved but cleaned oiled and threaded up so he could go to town on some muslin! And he is doing great, it is fun to watch his hands operate the hand crank and fabric. He is about ready to start on some simple blocks and I just happen to have some denim squares he can play with, I will just set the gauge up to give him a bigger seam allowance.

The machine he is using is (one of) my favorites, a 201k, can't recall the year at the moment but it has the most beautiful stitch and it has pieced many of my tops with a faithfully perfect stitch every time! It had been in a treadle cabinet so it could be used either way but since getting the longarm I had to move a few of them out so popped it back into a case and plopped it onto the cutting table for whenever the urge would strike to use it.

When we first moved here I would set up on the veranda and crank away while watching the kids play, and with the days getting nicer I am thinking it might be time to do so again!

No comments: