Apr 21, 2008

What Happened Here?









I love books and at one point in time I even had a software program that I had entered everything in my collection, and kept an updated list in my purse to avoid such a scene as this. Then having the quilt books in 3 different cases is also not good, so as I was going through starting on the organization project this is what I found, sigh, I have to say if you enjoy scrap quilts then Tried and True is an absolute must have! There is not one quilt in that book that I don't like and thankfully they came into the collection by using the 40% coupons.

The Ultimate Book of Quilting is equally as impressive and I enjoy the inspiration that comes from it as well. And the same can be said for the Amish Small quilts.

So I am thinking about sharing them, I am just not sure yet how to go about it. Maybe if there is one you are interested in you could leave a comment on it and I will seperate each into bowls and draw a name! Input?!








A friend of mine recently made a Pink and Brown Turning Twenty Top that was just absolutely gorgeous! I personally haven't favored those colors until recently, now I have two projects planned using them! I have added 2 more colors to the bunch this past weekend but I had already taken the picture so will have to show them later.

But first I need to finish up the Denim Circles, it is a little slow going but will be worth it when it is competed, the Girls are thinking it should go to one of them as a Wedding Quilt, I laugh in their face! ;0)

9 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

I never heard of Tried and True before... but now I want to know more! It must be especially good if you happen to have three copies. ;)

Jessica said...

Your blog popped up on my Google Alerts and I love it! I also love that I happened to find you right when you discovered a surplus in your books! I'd love to own one of your Tried & True books - I love scrap quilts - in fact Bonnie's Quiltville is the website that got me addicted to quilting! If you get a moment, stop over at my blog and say HI!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Hey Stephanie~

Wow, that must be a good book! :-) I'd live to be in your drawings too.
Sounds like you are keeping busy. Can't wait to see your denim quilt all finished up. ;-)

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Whoops~ I meant 'like' :-)))

JUST A MOM said...

I have The Ultimate Book of Quilting but neither of the other two,,, I could just drive up and get it hahhahahhaa or not ok so please enter me in the bowl for one of the other two.... I like the pink and brown too...

Susan said...

Tried and True seems to be everyone's favorite. Can you tell me who wrote it? I can't quite make out the last name.

I would like to be on the lookout for that one.

Meredith said...

I love my Ultimate quilting book. I do enjoy it . I do not own the other two. They must be good if you ended up with them more then once. I have not yet bought the same book but I have bought the same fabric. I did that last month. It was very funny at the time. It was a black repo and I do not have much in black.

Paula, the quilter said...

I've tried to catalog all my books but I just don't seem to keep up with it. *sigh* I, too, have ended up with duplicates. Most recently with a newstand magazine.

~Bren~ said...

I think you should give the Ultimate book of Quilting to a BRAND new quilter. What a treasure to start out their library!!
I would love to see the other two...especially the Pellman book...Is it by Rachel Pellman? I love her!