Apr 16, 2008

Wonky Rails and Flying Geese










Finally got to get the wonky rails quilted, I was going to try out a new template but decided I liked the old faithful Baptist Fan better!









The backing was a fun one to do, just kind of let the blocks fall where they may, the top blue is bigger, it is just laying over the bar and not getting a full shot. I can't wait to get the binding on it now to see how that will add to it all.









I met a new gal from the Quiltville's Mystery Group, Andee from The Modern Diary, she made this sweet top for a gal who is in the hospital and she had mentioned she was going to tie it and I volunteered to quilt it for her! So she sent it to me and here it is done ready to head back to her first thing tomorrow morning.









Here is a shot at the cute little label, I was tickled to have seen my name added to it! How cute is that?!








Then here is just a closer shot, we are all enjoying the bright fresh colors while it is still hanging in the studio. I am just amazed at the friendships that I have made from the Blogging community, I still have a ways to go in leaving comments and letting everyone know how inspiring they are to me! So if you are reading this, considered yourself told! Thank you very much for it all!

I also got another denim quilt done, there is still a good pile left of squares so am going to put aside the flowery ones for some good ole' fashion plaids and stripes, which I just love! If the weather cooperates I want to get a shot of them lined up on the veranda railing but that will have to be tomorrow as well.

It is way past time to update the Stashbusting Tallies and I am excited to see what all I have gone through this past month. I have added a few pieces of flannels that were 50% off but I am also happy to say they are already cut up and ready to be used!

1 comment:

Andee said...

It is FABULOUS. You are so talented. I thank you so much and know it will really comfort Marlene. Thanks for having such a big heart. I can't wait to meet you. SMILE!