Apr 10, 2008

Traveling Group of Youth










Three of the Kid's headed off to Lancaster California yesterday for 3 days of a Youth Conference at Westcoast Baptist College. Chad and Levia are standing next to each other in the back row and Donnie is the first one kneeling, Courtney was due to go as well but with the 3 working at the same place and she is the low man on the totem pole she stayed back to fill in. Plus she is excited that she will have a check for this week and they won't!

It took some time helping them get all their things together, from shopping to washing and packing, I was ready for a break myself from it all, and to top it off we had a guest speaker at Church this week so being the Hostess it meant being there an hour before setting up for the little snacks we had before each service.

So I only have Blake William and Courtney at home and I have to say the quiet is rather nice at the moment! Figured by the time they come home we will be ready to have them back! ~smile~









So I came home and finished the first of 3 denim rag quilts that I have going, got it washed and all and am pleased as punch with it! Decided to shake things up a bit and place a big X in red and put the flannel on top instead of on the bottom, it has the feel of being a picnic blanket so thought the denim on the bottom would hold up much better, also took the time to double the stitching in the seams for extra durability. Those cute little tootser's belong to William!









I also don't fancy to clipping the raggy part, kind of like the frayed edge like a nice pair of worn out jeans! It still needs to be taken out and given a good shaking to get rid of all the loose strings and will probably do that once it warms up some outside, I'll give a rug beater to the boys and let them have at it!

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Hey Stephanie!

Looks great!
I was able to get my flannel/denims cut up this weekend.