Feb 13, 2008

Completed 2










This little (big) bugger is being named a Galloping Beauty! Meaning it looks amazing when speeding by and giving a quick glance! My goodness this was a challenging one, I didn't have the outside border cut so had to dig in the stash for that, it looks a little on the odd side but it actually is very pleasing in person! I also forgot to mention that this is done with flannel so it will be nice and warm when it comes time to using!

Two: As I mentioned before I remembered why it had been put up, the bias edges were murder, and trying to get a matching intersection was not going to happen. Hence the galloping drive by.......

And Finally, I didn't recall it supposing to be this big, haven't taken an actual measurement yet, probably won't until it goes onto the longarm and I didn't cut the outer border diamonds on purpose, I won't until it has been stabilized, because I can just imaging what it would do if I tried loading it with those wonky edges! I shiver at the thought!

Now to wait for the thread to arrive for this one, it is on backorder, I need to figure out how to do the bow ties, it will have to be free-handed and that is going to be a challenge for me. I will take some shots of one I did and you will see why I am apprehensive, but it will be ppp so that will be a good thing!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I like the way this one looks. I know it was tricky with all those diamond shapes, and half the sides being bias, but it's beautiful.