Feb 18, 2008

Stash Buster Report

Ok, don't laugh too terribly hard, there are a few kinks I have to still get worked out on this spreadsheet transferring business! Anyway the cruxt of it all is that I ended up purchasing a few quarter yard cuts, there is a story behind it and I will tell in a moment.

A friend and I attended another quilt show over the weekend and it was pleasant, I found 2 patterns from Lori Smith that called to me, they are from her Fit to Frame Series and my friend also bought 2, and from just checking out her site I see there is another one that is available!

They also had fabric that was just beautiful! And if I hadn't left my pocket book locked up I would have fallen without a blink of an eye. But I am glad I didn't, it felt great to be able to walk away from it as the truck was only a few steps away!

As for the purchase, I have taken the plunge and had business cards made and then delivered to a local quilt shop, now I was trembling something terrible so I brought the roman stripe top as a rue for border options, now I didn't need anything but I also didn't feel right just walking in and dropping the cards off without some kind of positive interaction with the owner, well, I did, I momentarily lost my nerve and picked out 5 amish looking solids and got quarter yard cuts, felt guilty as all get out but then I got the guts to offer my cards to her along with a showing of two quilts to show my work.

There, that is my confession, they are currently being cut up for a rail fence type quilt that will be off set with the black moda, so they won't be hanging around for long at all! That means that the pesky #3 ufo is still holding its place as this one is going to be dubbed #5!

What a mess that little bugger posted as, it sure didn't look like that when I transferred it!










1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Your spreadsheet might not line up correctly, but I can still figure out that you used more than you bought, so woo-hoo!!! Congrats on getting your cards out there!