Feb 14, 2008

Onward to #3 (actually 4)

This was actually number 4 on the mental list of ufo's but I am still avoiding #3 so they got the ol' switcheroo'.

I had picked up a packet of the Kaffe Fassett line of Shot Cotton's oh let's see, about 2.5 years ago for a quilt that one of my boy's friends wanted to make for his grandmother then changed his mind. So they went into the cabinet and have been dust and sun free since. They weren't something that wowed me but knew they would get used at some point of ownership.

Then I seen Mary's Amish Strings and Stripes and knew that was what they were destined for! Moda's Marbles are already my all time favorite to use anyway so I have quite a few colors in the stash already so all I had to do was dig them all out. So I cut all the foundations and cut the black, ironed the solids but never got around to cutting them into strips. They have been moved from one spot to another for about 6 months now and I figured it was time, it would be a lot quicker to do than get into the other one first but like I said, I am avoiding it, seems like I just did that with the bias beast, aka galloping beauty.

And they are coming along just splendidly!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh, that's a classic and this will look very pretty. It's going to be easy fun, too! I look forward to seeing the blocks, and then the quilt.