Feb 11, 2008

Quilt Show and a Class

I met my old quilting friend in Vegas on Saturday to attend a Quilt Show, it was much smaller than in years past and the quilts were ok, I took my camera but to be honest there wasn't anything spectacular enough to pull it out.

There were a few vendors that had some enticing items but since I am focusing on using and not buying it was easy to not dwell on fabrics but on the different demonstrations that were going on and that was at one booth and she did two of them! Woo-Hoo!

Then we headed over to Quiltique's Shop as my friend was wanting to check out the embroidery module for her new Bernina, they had a 30% off show coupon and it was a shot to see if it applied, it didn't, so I used mine on 2 new seam rippers, canvas and needle for locker rug hooking, pins and who could say no to a free fat quarter?

Had some lunch and headed back to the show for a class that I had signed up for, it was information on running a long arm business as I am seriously considering it. There are some thoughts going around my head on it and once they get a little more organized I will share them.

Until then it is time to get back to making up four patches and start getting the tax papers in order!

No comments: