Feb 8, 2008

Spread Sheet Succes!

Wow! I decided I wanted to start keeping track of the stash usage, the only problem with that is I should have waited until this nasty head cold passed because I think I made it harder than it really should have been! Many thanks to Judy L and Ruthie, the combination of the two's suggestions got me thus far, so I am jazzed to be able to see what I am using up.

After posting this I seen there are a few things I need to fix, like I can't get the date to stay in the far left column, where those numbers came from I have no idea! It is a start though and will have to tinker around with it a bit more to get what I am after!

There is still some pieceing left to each of the quilts, the bow ties just needs the borders, I decided midway that it was going to need some length and width added and think a checkerboard border will take care of that.

Then the Diamonds is what I am calling a nightmare! Man Alive, I now remember why it got put aside, the bias edges are killing me and it is way bigger than I had originally thought, it is about 80% done, just need to stitch the rows together. Didn't realize until I got into it that there was another border that was needed so that is where I got to dig into the stash and find something to compliment it. But again with this head cold I am fretting over it and I am about 100% sure I already don't care if the points aren't all matching! It has hit the stage of needing to be over and done with!

Then I was needing some black thread for the next ufo in line and came across this thread, it is one of King Tut's new colors that will be perfect for the quilting of it(diamond one that is), and since the thread I was needing was on closeout I went ahead and got it, Sew Thankful is where I find some pretty good deals on things, I use the Presencia 60wt/3ply for piecing and they also have the 40wt/3ply for topstitching and embroidery that is really nice, and it is those that are being closed out.

So all in all I am making headway slowly but surely!

No comments: