Jan 2, 2008

My Little Man Child


This is Donnie Jr, or Don as he is liking to be called as he has gotten older. He will be turning 49 on the 8th, don't let that soon to be 13 year old body fool you! From day one he has not been content to be a normal child. And that is OK, there is so much about him that I don't know where to begin to describe him!

He is funny, and very quick on his feet, he has worked by his Dad's side since he could walk, we have a side business that we have kept even after moving in Vegas doing lawn maintenance. Each boy child has started working with Dad at an early age, and the two have been a team since Chad started working at the Lodge a year and a half ago. The younger two started up at the end of summer but all their eyes can see is the Slurpee and candy bar at the end of the day!

Donnie sees the step toward getting some more gadget's for his Bow or ammo for his rifle or something from the antique store to add to his collection of old cooking utensils, which he uses everyone one of as he whips up an omelet full of veggies from his garden that he keeps during the summer or frying up some fish that he caught and we brought home and froze or whatever else he feels like making. My current favorite is his grilled cheese sandwich with grilled bell peppers! Yummy!

And tonight as I was tinkering with some books he grabbed the camera and said 'Hey Mom, look at me' and took that shot that is over on the profile. But one of the things about him that I love the most is his Faith, he asked Jesus to save his soul when he was 6 years old and I tell you what, there are times he astounds me, when I am feeling doubtful and or fretting over something he is quick with a verse or just a flat out 'get a grip Mom, you know God is in control'.

Now don't get me wrong, each Child is phenomenal in his or her own way, I am just getting more and more comfortable with expressing my thoughts and will expound on each one more in the coming days, I am just starting with Little Man. ;0)

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a lovely tribute to your son. How lucky he is to be so cherished.