Jan 31, 2008

One Cool Cake!


One of my favorite collections is old treadle and hand crank sewing machines, I honestly have no idea what the count is to date but each one is in complete operating order. I would say half of the quilts I have made have been pieced using either one.

Actually when I think about it all the machines really aren't all mine, as each one has come along a child has taken to it and claimed it for themselves and plan on taking one or two with then once they set up a home of their own one day.

I also have 3 Bernina's, each one is set up for a particular function, one to piece, one has the embroidery module and the other is the industrial that is permanently set up with the walking foot for bindings. Machines are part of the decor but when my Husband bought me the longarm some had to move to the garage and I drove these guys crazy making sure everything was just right in the area they are stored, there are still a few that I can't part with though, and I go around and reach over them, but if I stub my toe one more time that may change!

But the cake shows the love that someone has for these machines that just can't be killed! I imagine it is still in someone's freezer and taken out and admired on special occasions, there was just a photo link to the shot but it would be neat to know the story behind this masterpiece!

3 comments:

Mountain Girl said...

Last count was over 150... :)
Big chance for it to be way more.

Tracey in CT said...

Wow, what a cake! Looks like one that Duff would have done on Ace of Cakes! Definitely too beautiful to eat.

Debi said...

What an awesome cake. Come visit my blog for my latest giveaway.

http://debiquilts.blogspot.com/2008/02/one-world-one-heart-event.html