Jan 1, 2008

New Year off with a Bang


Good Evening, well our day started off with a Bang! My DH commutes to work which is outside of Vegas and he rides motorcycles, last night his battery went out and thanks to the Internet I found an Auto Zone close to him that he could get another one with a half hour to spare before closing. We thought OK, he is good to go! Not! He works the graveyard shift and it is kind of funny but he commutes from home to Vegas then commutes again out to the Prison where he works. So on his ride in his Goldwing shut down completely, sigh, so a couple of the kid's and I hooked up the trailer to the chick truck, that is what I drive, and we were off to rescue him! It is a good 2 1/2 hour drive to where he was located which again thankfully was close to an off ramp where he could get right off the freeway! He just awoke from his 'nights' sleep to eat and head back out in the car as he has two days left to go before he is off again and I am sure he is going to be head deep into finding out what the problem is!

Here are more Jude quilts, this one is done with the Swirls template, I really like how quilts come out with this and Mary has some pictures up that she has used the same template on her Coin Quilts and others that are just breathless beautiful! I am wanting to start playing with variegated and other threads to see how much more texture could come from using these templates.

Still haven't found my charger but I am happy to say a replacement is on it's way! I am also excited about Judy L's new blog of recipes, I have been making some of her meals and my family really has liked them so now that my DH is heading into a different work schedule that will keep him gone longer I am needing to keep him in more meals, and even though I have a nice collection of recipe books, it is nice have tried and true ones and especially that they freeze well!

I sure hope everyone has been having a great day, seems there is a lot of mysteries and sudokos being done so it will be neat to see the fruit of their labors in the day's ahead!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Another good quilt! I read about Judy's new blog, but haven't gone to check it yet, though we've made several recipes she posted in the past. They always turn out good.

Ruthie said...

Are you planning to make a Sudoku quilt? I finished my top, but have a customer quilt on the frame right now, so quilting it will have to wait.