Jan 5, 2008

Something Quilty

Well, I think the signature got the best of me and it is time to move on!

Here is a gift that I received when I was really sick with a flu/cold/sinus thing that was going around and believe it or not, it helped me to feel better. Is there anything that Gingher makes that doesn't make things go so much easier? I also received a pair of spring loaded scissors a little while back that makes cutting the batting on a roll a breeze! They have quickly become the staples in my studio.

I also discovered the quickest way to clearing a section of the cutting table! Let a child have hot chocolate and allow them to set their cup on it! Then invite a sibling and you can count the seconds on one hand before Shazam! Yup, all over, there was no time for a before during and after shot so you can use your imagination on that one!

Oh, and thankfully hot chocolate doesn't stain fabric or blocks that happen to be in the vicinity, for a split second I wondered what it's effects would be but I haven't heard of chocolate dying like coffee or tea! But for a second there I thought there may have been a new discovery for the quilting world! Because in that second I also noticed it gave a really pretty antiqued look to the block! ;0)

2 comments:

~Bren~ said...

I have heard of the quilter/chocolate connection, but never in the way you described! LOL
Love the rotary cutter! I had that sinus thing and got nothing!!!!

Susan said...

Oh, my gosh! Someone gave you the Gingher cutter? Do you know how much those cost??? Someone really loves you! I wanted one but just couldn't justify the cost. =( Lucky, lucky, you!

I have quite a picture of your chocolate table. I know you must have been shocked, but you tell the story with humor, so I presume the children survived? =)